About Allen Taylor
Words are my best friends, ideas my health food, and success my fitness plan. I yearn to run with the greatest minds on the planet, and, quite often, I do.
My name is Allen Taylor, chief content officer at Taylored Content. I’ve operated in two key areas for most of my life:
An award-winning journalist, I’ve been recognized for news and headline writing, sports writing, and column and editorial writing, but I’m most proud of the three accolades I’ve received from the Dallas Bar Association for excellence in legal reporting. These were for ongoing series of stories I wrote about specific legal issues in the state of Texas.
Key Writing and Editing Experience:
- Served as editor of multiple online publications (3 of them related to fintech)
- Edited book for global management consultant
- Ghostwriter/editor of two independently published books authored by real estate professionals
- I’ve written more than 10,000 blog posts since 2006
- Published book author and editor
- Former newspaper editor
- Award-winning journalist
- Literary journal editor
Key Non-Writing Leadership Experience:
- Army officer in a combat environment
- Chief operations officer for a content production company from 2006 to 2013
- Owner of multiple web properties, one of which I sold
- Public speaker
- Retail store manager
- Telephone sales floor supervisor
- Magna cum laude graduate of a private college with a B.B.A. degree in marketing
- Small group and worship leader at church
- Non-profit committee chairman
My bylines are scattered around the Web. I’ve also done plenty of ghostwriting. I’ve worked almost exclusively in fintech since 2015.
If I’m the smartest person in the room, I’m in the wrong room.