Non-fiction book authors have many more options than ever before. Thanks to Web marketing practices, business professionals can publish their own books, sell them to their niche audiences, and establish themselves as authorities on the subjects they write about. Blockchain and cryptocurrency are hot topics right now.
In 2011, Amazon announced that the sale of e-books outsold print books on its website. According to Author Earnings, independent authors captured 37% of the e-book market share in October 2016 compared to 24% for authors published by one of the big five publishers and 18% for authors published by small or medium publishing houses. In 2017, independent author e-book sales online were higher than e-book sales from the 5 biggest traditional publishers. Many of those authors are non-fiction authors, proving that there is a market for indie e-books.
Whether you are a global management consultant or a startup entrepreneur, you can package your body of knowledge on your technology specialty in a book or an e-book, use that book as your calling card, turn it into a sideline income, and increase the perception that you are the go-to authority in your niche.
Book and E-book Editing
Allen Taylor is the author of the e-book “E-book Publishing: Create Your Own Brand of Digital Books,” available at Amazon and other e-book distributors. Taylored Content LLC doesn’t just talk about e-book publishing. We’ve done it. And we can serve as editor of your book or e-book project.
As your book or e-book editor, we’ll take care of the following details:
- Brainstorm the right topic for your book
- Ghostwrite the content
- Organize your ideas effectively
- Create a Table of Contents
- Work with your cover artist to produce an effective book cover
- Work with illustrators and other graphic artists as necessary
- Ensure your e-book is formatted correctly for all e-book formats while conforming to publisher and distributor guidelines
- Interact with your publisher and distributor on your behalf
Get Your Book or E-book Published
There are 5 ways Taylored Content LLC can assist you in writing and publishing a book or e-book to help you reach more of your audience:
- Ghostwriting – We’ve been ghostwriting for business professionals since 2006. Among our clients have been an equity crowdfunding executive, CEO of a real estate crowdfunding platform, a Forbes contributor, a chief operating officer for an algorithmic registered investment advisor, a high-profile technology journalist, a global talent management consulting firm, and many small business owners.
- Editing – Allen Taylor’s background as a newspaper editor can be put to use as your book editor. Plus, he’s edited both fiction and non-fiction books including one for a major global talent management enterprise, and currently serves as editor of both Lending Times and Blockchain Times. He has also edited a book on alternative lending.
- Research and Organization – Book content and structure are intrinsically tied together. Taylored Content can put our years of experience in organizing information, writing tables of content, and research to work for you. Your ideas will shine with the proper organization.
- Publishing – Whether you intend to use POD services, publish only in digital format, or publish both in print and as an e-book, Taylored Content can guide you to the right resources to help you reach your publishing goals.
- Distribution – Amazon is the largest seller of both print books and e-books, but many independent publishers do well distributing their books and e-books to their audiences through their own distribution channels and third-party distributors. Taylored Content can consult with you on the best way to reach your audience.
As an author, Allen Taylor has had his hand in writing, editing, and publishing both print books and e-books. Let Taylored Content LLC put our experience to work for you.
Sample E-book Projects:
This e-book project (or click the e-book cover on the left) consisted of re-purposing existing blog content, organizing it into chapters, and writing original content as introductions for each piece and as chapter introductions. Allen Taylor also wrote an introduction and a conclusion for the e-book itself.
In addition to editing several fiction anthologies, Allen Taylor has written and published a non-fiction book on e-book publishing. The book is available in PDF, ePub, and for the Kindle. Learn more about E-book Publishing: Create Your Own Brand of Digital Books.
Recently, we completed editing a 400-page book on alternative lending for Lending-Times.
or call 717-253-2306.